If it looks too good...!! Lightweight bargain or ????

matchlesswdg3

This scam, probably the same scammer, was on eBay a few months back with the same vehicles - they aren't in Japan, but they are vehicles which are, or have been, on eBay being sold by their genuine owners.  This white one was up for £30k back in March last year.  It then came up for sale in October being offered by the scammer for considerably less.  At that time, the scammer showed an address in Matlock, this time it's Newport.  Quite a few of us simply report it to eBay, then it gets taken down, before the scammer starts again.  I have no idea what would happen if you were to try to arrange a viewing - it's almost tempting to try!  I'm sure there are loads more similar scams on eBay - just it's easier for us to spot the ones we recognise as odd.  

Having said that, I think the genuine owner's expectation of £30k for this is stretching it a bit - I'm sure it probably was owned by 27 Cdo Regt RA, but it would never have looked like that!

PS - I see eBay have now removed the listing.  Quite what the advert showing it as being in Japan is all about I don't know!

Look at the  LRO  comic publication date then do a  DVLA check on  TWD 972W  - the last  V5 issue date,  it is taxed & with valid MOT  -  work it out  for yourselves  LoL      The present  'vendor'  says it is complete winterized ,  LRO stated the vendor had the demister fittings  - it seems not , but in any case - there is much more needed   LoL        I suppose my speciality has been winterized LWT for the last 28 years so I must know a bit more than those who scribed for LRO  LoL

8 hours ago, 64EK26 said:

Hi

It's a scam

vehicle is located in Japan !

see https://www.autolink.co.jp/12392-japan-used-land+rover-lightweight-1980-suv.html

Cheers

Richard

I don't think it is in Japan ,  it seems the owner / seller is operating through their UK  'office'      Ranjan Ltd

Looking at their last accounts filed ,  actually they are overdue  - things  £  are far from rosy,   looking at the graphs  -  I doubt if they will ever get into the +      Needless to say it looks very iffy ,  legit but iffy..

• Like 1

Yes, I reported it to eBay when I saw it yesterday so looks like reporting works.......but will no doubt pop up with something else.  I can only presume they are phishing for routes to peoples banking details, etc......."yes I will hold it for you, just send me a deposit via bank transfer...." etc..  There is another bloke who sells Ural/Dnepr motorcycle outfits on eBay which I am sure ARE genuine, but they are freshly imported and have no V5c and contrary to what the vendor says, cannot be DVLA registered because the sidecar is on the RHS.  That configuration is OK if you have one already registered, but not for a new application.  There must be some frustrated buyers!  Caveat emptor!

9 hours ago, ruxy said:

I don't think it is in Japan ,  it seems the owner / seller is operating through their UK  'office'      Ranjan Ltd

Looking at their last accounts filed ,  actually they are overdue  - things  £  are far from rosy,   looking at the graphs  -  I doubt if they will ever get into the +      Needless to say it looks very iffy ,  legit but iffy..

The Japanese web site is still listing their British  "associate" as live  !   ,  however  UK Autolink Limited was dissolved  24/3/15  -   Ranjan Ltd  -  that is the 'automotive Phoenix'  

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/FofnezNmhZWay_VW47edJDJ2nOY/appointments